Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Vermont Studio Center March & April 2009

I survived two months at The Vermont Studio Center!!!

My Studio

My Bedroom in March

My Bedroom in April

These are some of the projects I worked on during my stay:

"Bodyscape"





"Shadow Drawing in the Snow"
(Work in Progress)






With no phone reception I had to revert to older methods of communication, Behold:
My Can Telephones:

"Whisper"


"Long Distance Relationship"


(the second can was mailed to Portland, Oregon)



March and April is an action-packed time in Vermont. It's Maple Syrup Season and I visited all the Sugar Shacks in the area. I prefer Grade A Medium Syrup.

Rob and Deb's Sugar Shack


It was also sheep shearing season during my stay and I fell in love with wool! I learned how to knit and spin yarn! I spin yarn with a drop spindle and hope to one day work my way up to the wheel.

1 comment:

Patrick Melroy said...

I see tin can telephones in the studio. My is getting real ruff reception.